By Debbie Gregory.
High tech jobs for veterans are a natural transition, given their abilities to take initiative, problem-solve and make decisions, skills that they honed during their military service.
Those who have served are also well-versed in computers.
For employers, hiring military veterans makes perfect sense. If you’re wondering what some of the top high-tech jobs for veterans are:
- Project Manager is probably the most natural transition point for most service members. They are in charge of the planning and execution of a particular project, and the foundational skills required are quite similar to what many learn in the military.
- Solutions Architect is a great position for problem solvers. Solutions architects work with their company’s clients processing feedback on their company’s product, and providing solutions based on that feedback.
- Software Development Manager is a managerial position, a good use of leadership skills. There are a number of responsibilities, but the primary ones are to get a product out the door or deliver results to the customer.
- Data scientists are in demand, and the position entails knowing how analyze and interpret complex digital data, such as the usage statistics of a website, especially in order to assist a business in its decision-making.
- Analytics Managers design, configure, and maintain a data analysis tool that allows them to analyze data and make conclusions about it.
- Software Engineers apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers or anything containing software work.
- UX Designers enhance user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with the product.
- Mobile Developers will work in the development of mobile applications.
- QA Managers monitor software testing processes or test new products.
If you have a technical background, consider one of these great career paths.