Best High Tech Jobs for Veterans
By Debbie Gregory.
High tech jobs for veterans are a natural transition, given their abilities to take initiative, problem-solve and make decisions, skills that they honed during their military service.
Those who have served are also well-versed in computers.
For employers, hiring military veterans makes perfect sense. If you’re wondering what some of the top high-tech jobs for veterans are:
- Project Manager is probably the most natural transition point for most service members. They are in charge of the planning and execution of a particular project, and the foundational skills required are quite similar to what many learn in the military.
- Solutions Architect is a great position for problem solvers. Solutions architects work with their company’s clients processing feedback on their company’s product, and providing solutions based on that feedback.
- Software Development Manager is a managerial position, a good use of leadership skills. There are a number of responsibilities, but the primary ones are to get a product out the door or deliver results to the customer.
- Data scientists are in demand, and the position entails knowing how analyze and interpret complex digital data, such as the usage statistics of a website, especially in order to assist a business in its decision-making.
- Analytics Managers design, configure, and maintain a data analysis tool that allows them to analyze data and make conclusions about it.
- Software Engineers apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers or anything containing software work.
- UX Designers enhance user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with the product.
- Mobile Developers will work in the development of mobile applications.
- QA Managers monitor software testing processes or test new products.
If you have a technical background, consider one of these great career paths.
Military Connection salutes and proudly serves veterans and service members in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Guard and Reserve, and their families.