By Debbie Gregory.
When it comes to employers in the technology sector seeking candidates to fill their open positions, hiring military veterans makes perfect sense. By using their problem-solving skills, their abilities to make quick decisions and their initiative, veterans are a great fit.
If you’re wondering what the top high-tech jobs for veterans are, here’s what you need to know:
- At the top of the pay scale, Solutions Architects make a median base salary of $199,500, and this is a great position for problem solvers. Solutions architects work with their company’s clients processing feedback on their company’s product, and providing solutions based on that feedback.
- Software Development Managers make a median base salary of $135,000, and this is another high paying position. Because this is a managerial position, your leadership skills will pay off.
- While Software Architects make a median base salary of $130,000, there are not many openings in this career choice.
- Data scientists can expect a median base salary of $116,840, and the demand is fairly high. The position entails knowing how to manage and store data.
- Foundational skills required for Project Managers are very similar to the skills learned in the military. This position’s base salary is approximately $106,680.
- Analytics Managers, who analyze data and making conclusions about it, can expect to make a salary of around $105,000.
- With a median base salary of $95,000, Software Engineers are in high demand.
- UX Designers make a median base salary of $91,800, and these jobs are in high demand.
- Mobile Developers can expect to earn around $90,000. These positions are also in extremely high demand.
- QA Managers monitor software testing processes or test new products, and make a median base salary of $85,000.
If you have a technical background, consider one of these great career paths.