TRICARE Open Season
Important information for all military: TRICARE Open Season, their annual open enrollment period, start today, November 12th. Between now and December 10th, there are a few things about your TRICARE coverage that you need to know.
- Selections for 2019 health care coverage must be completed between now (November 12) and December 10.
- You may use this time to select a new TRICARE Select or TRICARE Prime plan
- Open season is when you can change your existing plan or enrollment to something different
- If no changes are made, your 2018 TRICARE selections will carry over to 2019
- This is the ONLY time to make changes throughout the year unless you have a QLE or Qualifying Life Event
Qualifying Life Events are major events that fall into two categories: Military changes or Family changes. Military changes include activation, deactivation, injured while active duty, moving, separating from active duty and retirement. Family changes includes marriage, divorce, birth of a child, adoption of a child, college aged children attending school, children becoming adults, becoming Medicare eligible, moving, experiencing a death in the family, loss or gain of alternate health insurance.