Job Tips - Resume Do's and Do nots
RESUME DO'S AND DO NOTS
• Write brief phrases. Full sentences are not necessary.
• Use Power Words and Verbs
• Pick a resume format and be consistent.
• Dates should appear on the right side of the page.
• Make it one page and never more than two pages.
• Proofread, Proofread, Proofread and have another individual(s) proofread for you.
Resume Do Nots
• Do not include personal information, e.g. age, marital status, etc. If it is not job related, do not include it.
• Do not list "hobbies."
• Do not list references, and it is not necessary to put "References Available Upon Request." This is implied to all employers as part of the interview process.
• Do not list salary requirements or past salaries.
• Do not give reasons for leaving.